- This center pinch lens cap protects the portions of your lens from dust, water, smudges and scratches
- 77mm snap-on and clip in lens cap for Nikon lens
- It is convenient to use this lens cap with lens hood. No matter what your hand size is, it is easy to put the lens cap on as using lens hood
- This cover fits 77mm front thread Nikon lenses or any lens with a 77mm diameter filter mount
- The snap-cap utilizes a center pull locking system for convenient attachment or removal -easier to use than caps with outside push buttons
- Suitable for filters, adapters, lens, lens hood, and more
- This is non-OEM generic product
- Compatible with: Nikon
- Color: Black
- Thread Diameter: 77mm/ 2.8in
- Protect your valuable lenses from scratches and dirt
- Very handy item to keep in your gear bag
How to Protect a Nikon From Scratches:
- Lenses are expensive and essential components of any camera. The Nikon is a wide angle, general purpose zoom lens that likely is attached to your camera most of the time. You want to protect the lens and use proper cleaning techniques to get the longest possible life from your investment.
- Before you even install the Nikon lens on your camera, attach a 1A Ultra Violet Light Filter to the front of the lens. This filter serves two purposes: it reduces the amount of ultra-violet light that enters the camera, and acts as a shield preventing foreign objects from coming in contact with the lens.
- Use a lens cap whenever you are not shooting a picture or if the camera is in the camera bag or in storage. While the 1A filter offers protection, it is still constructed of glass and can break if struck hard enough. A lens cap offers another level of protection.
- Install a lens hood. They are designed to prevent light from entering the lens from the side of the front element, causing flare and other aberrations. Lens hoods also provide a little extra protection as their design extends forward from the front of the lens, creating a tunnel that objects would have to go down to strike the front of the lens.
- Clean your Nikon lens regularly, using only a microfiber cloth and lens specific cleaning solution to remove dirt that cannot be removed by an air brush. Dust and debris will naturally collect on the front of the lens. Regular cleaning and care will help prevent small scratches from occurring. First clean your lens using a compressed air canister or a small manual air brush. This should remove most of the dust. Only use the microfiber cloth and lens cleaning solution if dirt has smeared on the front of the lens or filter. Use extreme care, applying just a small amount of solution to the microfiber cloth, then gently cleaning the lens using a circular motion.
How to Remove a Lens Cap:
- A standard lens cover usually comes with a camera. Smaller digital point-and-shoot cameras like Nikon Coolpix or the Canon Powershot typically have lens covers that automatically retract when you click the power button. Larger SLR and digital SLR cameras, like the Canon Rebel, typically have removable lens caps that come with the camera. On these cameras, you will need to remove the lens cap before you can take a picture. Overall, the cap is a valuable asset to a camera, as it protects the lens from getting scratches or dirt on the it when it is not in use.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Make sure you will not be able to drop the lens cap off a cliff or drop it in someone's drink by accident. Take the lens cap off before turning the camera on. Sometimes the lens cap will pop off the camera and damage the cap.
- Grab hold of your camera so that it won't fall out of your hands by placing your right hand under the camera to get a firm grip. You can also put the camera's strap around your neck for security.
- Place your forefinger and the thumb of your free hand around the cap. Many lens caps have two small latches across from each other. If that is the case, press the latches in toward each other.
- Pull off the lens cap and start taking photographs. Put your lens cap somewhere you will remember.
- Replace the lens cap after each use. It will protect your lens from getting dirty or cracked.
- 1 x 77mm Plastic Snap-On Lens Cover Cap for Nikon Camera Lens Filter