- This is a combination bell and compass with a ring
- This Bicycle Metal Compass is great for those moments when you loose your heading¡ there is it right in front of your eyes
- Never lose your way again with this unique Metal Bicycle Compass
- Safely alert others to your approach with a quality bicycle bell
- 360 degrees pivoting ringer provides clear and loud ring
- Mount to handlebar , easy to set on
- Material: Aluminium alloy
- Compass Diameter: 25mm
- Colour: Gold
- This great bicycle compass has a compass built right in so you can always know where you are
- This bicycle compass is great for those moments when you loose your heading¡ there is it right in front of your eyes
- You can get a magnetic azimuth of any object by using this campus and find your way easily through rough terrain or dense fog with line on campus bezel
- It's great for hiking, camping, rocking climbing, biking, and more
How to Find True North Without a Compass?
Being lost in the woods is not a pleasant feeling, and being lost without a compass is worse. There are many different ways to find true north without a compass, and they will all be accurate enough to get you to safety (many accurate to within a degree). Below are the steps to follow to use the shadow method to find true north without a compass.
- Locate a clear, sunny spot. You will need to have a clear flat spot to be able to get a good shadow reading.
- Find a long, pointed stick. The longer and more pointed your stick is, the more accurate of a reading you will get.
- Place the stick into the ground pointing towards the sun. It should be done at such an angle that you cannot see a shadow from the stick.
- Be patient and allow the stick to create a 6-inch shadow on the ground. Once you have reached a 6-inch shadow, the shadow is pointing east.
- Stand facing east, and turn yourself 90 degrees to your left. You are now facing north.
- Attempt to find true north at night by look up in the night sky and locating the Little Dipper. The end of the Little Dipper is Polaris, the North Star, and it never moves more than 1 degree off of true north.
- 1 x Bicycle Ring Bell Shaped Compass