- Black PVC body
- Gold plated connectors
- Brand new and high quality
- HDMI female to female adaptor
- Save the cost of buying another extra cable
- HDMI female port at one end
- Mini HDMI female at the other end
- This HDMI to HDMI Female Adapter converts for HDTV display
- Size: 45 x 20 x 10mm / 1.8 x 0.8 x 0.4in(L x W x H)
- The HDMI to HDMI Female Adapter connects your HDTV to your cable box, satellite dish, Blu-Ray player, and other source devices
- High quality material makes the HDMI Female to Female Adapter durable for long time use
- Compact design, small in size, the HDMI to HDMI Female Adapter is easy and convenient to use
What is HDMI?
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is the first and only industry-supported, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface. By delivering crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide consumers with the highest-quality home theater experience. HDMI provides an interface between any audio/video source, such as a set-top box, DVD player, or A/V receiver and an audio and/or video monitor, such as a digital television (DTV), over a single cable.
HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable. It transmits all ATSC HDTV standards and supports 8-channel, 192kHz, uncompressed digital audio and all currently-available compressed formats (such as Dolby Digital and DTS), HDMI 1.3 adds additional support for new lossless digital audio formats Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master AudioTM with bandwidth to spare to accommodate future enhancements and requirements.
- HDMI is the de facto standard digital interface for HD and the consumer electronics market: More than 700 companies have become adopters, and nearly 200 million devices featuring HDMI are expected to ship in 2008, with an installed based of nearly one billion HDMI devices by 2010 (conservative estimates by In-Stat).
- Convergence - HDMI is the interface for convergence of PC and consumer electronics devices: HDMI enables PCs to deliver premium media content including high definition movies and multi-channel audio formats. HDMI is the only interface enabling connections to both HDTVs and digital PC monitors implementing the DVI and HDMI standards.
- Evolving standard - HDMI is continually evolving to meet the needs of the market: Products implementing new versions of the HDMI specification will continue to be fully backward compatible with earlier HDMI products.
How to Use HDMI to Maximize Picture Quality:
- Look in the back of your HD television. You should see one or more input jacks labeled "HDMI." This is where the HDMI cable is attached--differing visually from the normal A/V cables in that there is only a single jack instead of three color-coded A/V jacks
- Attach one end of an HDMI cable to the HDMI output jack on the back of your cable box, satellite box or HD/Blu-Ray DVD player
- Attach the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI input jack on your television
- Turn on your TV, and give it a little time to warm up--about 5 to 10 minutes should suffice
- Press the "input" button on your remote until it indicates that the TV is receiving signals from the HDMI input jack. A message will usually flash on the TV screen, stating "HDMI 1"
- Check the signals from your input box. They usually allow you to adjust the level of signal you can send, in figures ranging from 480i to 1080p. The higher the number, the greater the resolution will be
- Adjust the aspect ratio, either on your cable/satellite/DVD remote or on your TV remote. In order to maximize the picture quality, you want to make sure the aspect ratio is correct for your TV (usually either 16:9 or 4:3). You'll be able to tell if it isn't correct, because the figures onscreen will appear stretch or elongated
- Use the TV remote control to adjust the brightness, contrast, color and tint to match your particular tastes. Most HD TVs have factory settings that will work for your average viewing conditions. Once you're receiving a signal from the HDMI cable, you can tweak the particulars to fit your needs
- 1 x HDMI Female to HDMI Female Adapter