- It boasts excellent color and shape retention
- The bath towel boasts finished edges for extra durability
- It was designed with excellent softness and water absorption
- The bath towel is generously sized and substantially weighted
- The bath towel grows softer with every wash without requiring fabric softener
- Pamper yourself after showering or washing your hands with this luxurious bath towel
- Material: Fiber
- Size: 72 x 33cm/28.3 x 13.0in(L x W)
- The bath towel is made of high quality fiber which is soft to touch
- The bath towel features lattice pattern at the hem to accent the towel
- The Bamboo Fibre Soft Bath Towel boasts finished edges for extra durability
- This Washcloth Bath Towel is designed with excellent softness and water absorption
- The Soft Bath Towel is generously sized and substantially weighted
- The absorbent Soft Bath Towel grows softer with every wash without requiring fabric softener
How to Measure the Quality of a Bath Towel?
A bath towel's quality is measured by its gram weight, which is a number that represents how many grams the towel weighs per square meter. The higher the grams per square meter (GSM), the denser the fibers of the towel are, making it softer and more absorbent. A GSM between 300 and 400 makes for a thinner towel, whereas a GSM of 450 to 600 is plush. A GSM of 700 or higher is considered luxury hotel quality
Choosing The Right Towel
- Check the GSM. Choose hand towels that have at a GSM of at least 400 to make sure they are sufficiently soft. For bath towels, choose ones that have a GSM of 500 or higher
- Check the fiber content. The towel should be made of either 100 percent natural fibers or microfiber. Turkish and Egyptian cotton have longer fibers that make the fabric softer and stronger, and combed cotton will resist pilling. Bamboo and hemp are more absorbent than cotton, and have antimicrobial properties. Microfiber is a synthetic fiber that is ultra absorbent and softer than cotton.
- Take the towel off of the shelf and feel how heavy it is. High-quality towels are more densely woven and will feel heavier than they look
- Examine the towel's pile. The pile is the looped or cut fibers that make up the towel's surface. Uncut fibers are more absorbent, because the loop absorbs the majority of the water. Generally, longer loops are more absorbent and make the towels feel fluffier. Cut or sheared fibers may feel soft, but they won't soak up as much moisture
- Look for a tightly packed pile. The denser the loops are, the more absorbent the towel will be. On a high-quality towel, you should not be able to see the base of the towel through the pile
- Inspect the towel's edges. The edges should be double turned and double stitched to provide proper reinforcement. This will prevent the towel from fraying and ensure it has a longer life
Uses for Microfiber Towels
Microfiber towels are growing more popular, and it's easy top understand why. Not only are they attractive and available in a wide variety of sizes and styles, but they function well because they are very absorbent. You are not limited to using microfiber towels for taking baths. Consider using your microfiber towels throughout your home to get the most value out of them
Baby and toddler bath towels
- Since they are absorbent but very soft, microfiber towels make good bath towels for babies and toddlers. The size of most microfiber towels is perfect for this use. If you'd like, you can even heat the towels before using them on your baby or toddler
- Toddler and baby towel sets are much more expensive than buying a set of microfiber towels, so you will be saving money
- Microfiber towels are good to use as a hand towel. They quickly dry off hands, and do not have to be washed as often as hand towels made of other fabrics, since they are able to absorb more water
- Since you can buy microfiber towels in many different colors, designs and sizes, it will be easy to coordinate them with the décor of your bathroom
- Some people find that they have to use several dish towels when drying their dishes because the towels become soaking wet. Using a microfiber towel will not only eliminate the need to use several towels when drying dishes, but it will speed up the process since they are more absorbent. They are made of a man-made material that is designed to not only absorb a lot of water, but to dry quickly and wick away moisture
- If you don't want to hand-dry your dishes, you can lay them on a microfiber towel to dry, and you'll find that your kitchen counter tops won't end up damp after the dishes are dry
- As an all-purpose kitchen towel, microfiber towels are versatile and easy to coordinate with your decor. Hand towels used in the kitchen usually must be replaced often because of the amount they are used--kitchen towels are some of the most used in the house, since a great amount of hand washing is done there. Microfiber towels used in the kitchen won't need to be replaced as often because of the absorbent nature of their fabric
- To clean up spills and wipe down counters, microfiber towels work well, and are more environmentally friendly than paper towels used for the same purpose. Simply make sure that you rinse and wring out the towels well after cleaning up spills so they don't hold onto any odors
- Whether you need to polish silver flatware or platters, microfiber towels can be used. They don't shed their fibers, so you won't have to pick fabric shreds off your pieces, and they're gentle and non-abrasive, so you won't have to worry about scratching and marking. Microfiber towels even work well for polishing jewelry
How to Choose Bath Towels:
Choosing a bath towel isn't an art or science. Just follow these steps to find towels that will keep you dry and comfortable.
- Consider the purpose before you spend big bucks on bath towels. If the towels are for college students, then go with cheaper towels in quantity, but for personal daily use, gift-giving or guest towels choose quality over quantity.
- Know your fabric and choose for absorbency and feel. Cotton reigns supreme for absorbency and durability with Egyptian and Supima cotton representing the top of the line. Fine quality bath towels with silk included in the weave can add softness without compromising absorbency.
- Understand towel density. Higher density means better absorbency, with luxury towel density usually around 800 grams per meter.
- Select a towel size. There's nothing worse than a towel that's too small. Average towels are 27 x 50 inches to 30x 56 inches. Oversize bath towels come in at 30 x 56 inces, Bath sheets are a whopping 33 x 66 inches to 40 x 70 inches.
- Choose a color when considering your towels but try to be flexible. After weighing the other key factors, you may find that your favorite color isn't available in the type of towel you wish to purchase. Go for a neutral or complimentary color instead.
- Determine your budget and purchase the best towels for the money. High quality towels will last longer and the absorbency and feel will be well worth the money spent. You can always add more towels later.
How to Hang Bathroom Towels:
Towels are a necessity in every type of bathroom. This includes bath towels, hand towels, decorative towels and towels used for cleaning. They add to the function and décor of your bathroom. In order to have an organized bathroom, you will want to hang your towels. To have a well-functioning bathroom, there are a couple of factors you should consider when it comes to the placement of your towels and towel racks.
- Hang everyday bath towels in a place where they will be able to dry quickly after use. If you only have one wet towel, a towel bar on the wall or shower door, or inside of the shower stall away from the water will do fine. If you have multiple people using the bathroom, and therefore multiple wet towels, hang a towel holder with several hooks over your bathroom door. You will want the hooks to be spread out enough so that the towels will be able to dry between use. These type of over-the-door hooks are available at bath stores such as Bed, Bath and Beyond.
- Provide a hand towel by the sink so that you and your family members and guests can easily dry their hands after washing them. You will want this towel to be hung in close proximity to the sink so it will be obvious to all users, and your decorative or bath towels will not accidentally be used. Hang the hand towel on a small towel ring or hook an arm's distance from the sink.
- Use decorative towels to add to your bathroom décor. Pretty embroidered towels or ones with bold prints are always a nice touch; however, you will want to make sure that guests do not mistake them for hand towels to use after washing. Hang them on a towel bar either under the window or on the center of the wall, but not too close to the sink. Proper placement should help indicate that the towels are meant for decoration rather than use.
- Hide your towels that you use for cleaning the sink or your face on a hook on the inside of your bathroom cabinet door.
- 1 x Simplicity Lattice Pattern Fiber Bath Towel