- The comfortable handles offer a secure grip and you can position the bar at the top or bottom of the door frame for a great upper-body and abdominal workouts
- Use exercise equipment for sit ups, press ups and others
- Home Chin Up Bar is perfect for your at-home fitness needs
- Home Chin Up Bar adjusts to fit most standard-width door frames
- Excellent for aerobic conditioning
- Fully adjustable to any doorway
- This easy to use chin-up bar will help you build upper body and arm strength
- Load Bearing: 200kg
- Size: 62cm / 24.4in(Stretch Length); 105cm / 41.3in(Compress Length); 25mm / 1in(Inner Dia.); 28mm / 1.1in(Outer Dia.)
- This Portable Chin Up Bar in a doorway of your home and get a workout comprised of chin-ups or sit-ups and crunches
- Chin-ups are a great way to build your upper body, especially the biceps. So what are you still waiting for?
How to Set Up a Chin up Bar:
Setting up a chin-up bar in your home can dramatically improve your upper body strength if you use the bar properly. Doing chin-ups, pull-ups and leg raises strengthens your back, arms, stomach and can even improve thigh strength. Having a home chin-up bar is an advantage when you cannot make it to the gym. Chin-up bars are quite easy to install and usually rather cheap. Putting one up in your home can take as little as two minutes.
- Find an appropriate doorway to place your chin-up bar, preferably one made of steel and away from people traffic.
- Unscrew the part of the bar that extends, making sure not to extend it wider than the door frame in which you will place it.
- Place the bar in the door frame four or five inches from the top of the door and extend the rest of it until the rubber stoppers on either side of the bar are pushing against the door frame and holding the bar in place.
- Test the sturdiness of the bar by pulling on it and then hanging from it. If it moves or seems loose, extend the bar further so that it stays in place.
- Begin your workout.
How to Use a Chin Up Bar To Do a Chin Up Exercise:
Chin ups are one of the best exercises that you can do for upper body strength. Doing chin ups on chin up bars forces you to lift your entire body weight with your upper body. This is the reason why chin ups are very effective in building muscle. They help to build muscle in your biceps, shoulders and forearms. Here is how you can properly do a chin up on a chin up bar.
- Stand underneath a chin up bar. You can use an actual chin up bar for exercise or any stable bar that will hold your weight. You can even make your own chin up bar using steel bars or wood bars and fasten it to a doorway or your basement ceiling.
- Grab the chin up bar with your palms facing towards you. Your hands should be approximately shoulder-length apart, in a hold that is comfortable to you. Make sure that you hands are not too far apart on the chin up bar.
- Hang you body directly below the chin up bar, straight down. If your chin up bar is not high enough to do this, then bend your legs back at the knees so that you are not touching the ground, but your body is hanging straight down.
- Using your upper body, pull yourself up so that your chin is above the chin up bar. Make sure not to hit your chin on the chin up bar as this can injure you. Try to use a smooth motion as you lift yourself up and make sure not to swing your body.
- Lower yourself back down so that your body is hanging straight down from the chin up bar again. Do not touch your feet to the ground.
- Repeat the exercise, lifting and lowering yourself for as many times as you can. Chin ups are not that easy of an exercise and it may take you some time to work up to more repetitions.
- 1 x Health Fitness Door Way Chin Up Bar