- Best replacement for your old/loose analogue stick
- Compatible with PSP Slim/2000
- High quality material makes the Replacement Analogue Stick Module durable and reliable for long time use
- Perfectly fit for PSP Slim/2000
- Easy to install, great in performance
- Color: Blue
- Size: 2.7 x 2.0 x 1.2cm(L x W x H)
- Repair Parts Replacement Analogue Stick Module for PSP Slim/2000, well fit for your device
- Made of high quality material, the Replacement Analogue Stick Module is durable and reliable for long time use
- The Replacement PSP Analogue Stick Module is easy to install, provides great performance
How to Remove a PSP Joystick:
The PlayStation Portable (PSP) has a built-in joystick. Dirt and debris can get into the sides of the joystick where it meets the case of the PSP and cause sticking or erratic functioning. You can remove the PSP's joystick to clean it so that you can get back to playing games, although this will void the Sony warranty. The procedure to remove the joystick is straightforward and doesn't require any special tools.
- Put a soft cloth on a table. Place the PSP face down on the soft cloth with the disc-drive door facing away from you.
- Remove the battery lid from the left side of the PSP's bottom. Remove the battery from inside of the battery compartment. Put the battery and the battery lid aside.
- Remove the visible screws from inside of the battery compartment with the Phillips jeweler's screwdriver.
- Scratch off the warranty sticker inside of the battery compartment with the tip of the the Phillips jeweler's screwdriver. Remove the screw that is under the warranty sticker with the Phillips jeweler's screwdriver.
- Remove the memory stick from the memory stick door that is at the right lower edge of the PSP. Remove the two screws surrounding the memory stick door with the the Phillips jeweler's screwdriver.
- Remove the single screw at the middle bottom edge of the PSP with the Phillips jeweler's screwdriver.
- Turn the PSP over so that the disc drive door is facing away from you. Hold the PSP down with your right hand. Grab the faceplate at the upper left corner with your left hand (reverse this for "lefties").
- Pull the faceplate off the PSP with the fingers of your left hand. Put the faceplate aside.
- Remove the two screws surrounding the joystick module on the right side of the PSP with the Phillips jeweler's screwdriver.
- Lift the joystick module off the PSP with your hand. Put the joystick module on the soft cloth.
- Hold the joystick module down with your left hand. Gently pull the joystick off the joystick module with your right hand.
Tips & Warnings:
- Wear a anti-static strap to keep static electricity that might be on your body from contacting the electronic components inside the PSP.
- Losing the spring that sits beneath the joystick will render the joystick unworkable.
- 1 x Analogue Stick Module