- Professional installation recommended and required
- The NDS Lite top screen goes on top of the lower LCD screen, which is sold separately
- If you wish to install yourself, you will need a special tri-wing security driver tool to get inside the NDS
- Note that this installation requires moderate technical skill
- When self-installing, please make sure you are patient and have steady hands as additional damage can result if you are not careful
- Nintendo DS Lite Top Screen is perfect for repairing cracked or otherwise damaged Nintendo DSL upper screen
- Size: 7.11 x 6.4 x 0.2cm/2.79 x 2.52 x 0.08in(L x W x T)
- Compatible with: Nintendo DSL console
- This top screen is perfect for repairing cracked or otherwise damaged Nintendo DSL upper screen
How to Fix a Nintendo DS Lite Top Screen:
The Nintendo DS Lite is a sleeker and lighter version of the DS. The popular device is fairly sturdy, but is prone to acquiring scratches or cracks on its screen from wear and tear. You can replace or repair a DS Lite screen yourself, but quite a few steps are involved. So any attempt to fix the device should be handled with care.
- Power off your Nintendo DS Lite.
- Turn the DS Lite over and remove the screw that holds your battery cover in place. Take out the battery and remove the two screws in the bottom of the battery compartment bay.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pry off the rubber feet on the bottom of the DS. Unscrew the screws beneath each rubber foot with the Phillips screwdriver.
- Unscrew the last four screws with the tri-wing screwdriver. (One of the four screws is near the game slot.)
- Separate the front and back covers of the DS Lite by running a flathead screwdriver inside the crevice in between them. Then pull the bottom cover apart from the front with your hands.
- Take off the two trigger buttons from the front cover with your fingers. Be careful of the spring holding the trigger button assembly together.
- Use the flathead screwdriver to pry off the flat, circular heads of the white and black wires connected to the motherboard. Carefully pull the black wire beneath the game card slot.
- Unscrew the screw on the left side of the motherboard that is holding it to the cover.
- Use the flathead screwdriver to pull up the black plastic tab attaching the ribbon cable to the motherboard.
- Lift the motherboard, and the screen that is still connected to it, up from the plastic cover.
- Locate the four rubber pieces inside the front plastic cover of your DS and pry them off with the flathead screwdriver. Unscrew the screw beneath each rubber piece using a Phillips screwdriver.
- Pry apart the two plastic pieces that make up the front cover with the flathead screwdriver.
- Remove the two white pieces of tape from the back of the screen and pull the screen from the front cover. Replace the top screen (or repair or clean it), and follow the directions in reverse to reassemble your DS.
- 1 x TFT LCD Replacement Module for NDS Lite(Upper Screen)