- Adult costume scrub cap is perfect for medical professionals alike
- Nursing medical scrub cap is for use by those who work in sterile environments, such as during surgical procedures
- Nursing medical scrub cap is easy to wear as the unique design
- In addition to wearing other sterile clothing such as nursing scrubs, physicians, medical scrubs, scrub coats, and other medical apparel, nurses, technicians, and others who spend time in the operating room are usually required to wear a head covering that conceals all of their hair
- Fashion modeling will make you more beatiful
- Scrub caps will make you look better and feel better with style
- Material: 35% Cotton & 65% Polyester
- Adult Costume Scrub Cap is your one-stop place to shop for quality surgical scrub hats
- You'll create your own scrub cap by choosing the exterior fabric, then picking either the same shape or a contrasting solid fabric for the turned-up button
Instructions on How to Make Operating Room Hats
Once strictly medical, scrub caps have become a veritable fashion accessory. If you're a nurse who wants to sport her trade in style or a college student looking for a hit Halloween outfit, a scrub cap can be a perfect fit. Better yet, although manufactured operating room hats are always colored a clean, clinical blue or white, you can make a homemade scrub cap out of any fabric you choose.
- Find a scrub cap pattern if you would like a visual for this project. The only free pattern is for a hat called a caul hat, the scrub cap's non-medical equivalent (See Resources). The only adjustment that will need to be made is that you will need to use the measurements provided in this article as caul hats are smaller than scrub hats.
- Measure a circle 18 to 20 inches in diameter. Cut the circle out of your fabric. Stitch around the circumference of the circle, 1 inch away from the edge of the circle.
- Cut a 3-inch thick strip from your fabric. The strip should be as long as the diameter of your head. The average person's head is between 17 to 19 inches in diameter.
- Loop your 3-inch thick strip around and sew the edges together to create a cylinder 3 inches high with the diameter of your head.
- Cup your circle of fabric into a dome-like shape. Push the bottom edge of the dome, where you can see the circumference of stitching, inside of the cylinder and secure it with pins. You should be left with a scrub hat appearance in which the circle of fabric makes up the top of the hat and mushrooms out slightly from the 3-inch cylinder ring.
- Stitch two circumferences of stitches to secure the 3-inch cylinder to the circle. The first circumference should be 1/4 inch from the top of the cylinder. The second should be 1 inch from the bottom.
- 1 x Nursing Medical Adult Costume Scrub Cap