- These Car Seat Belt Buckles fit for most vehicles; easy to install
- The design makes the safety belt tight even when the body moves
- Make your drive more comfortable and enjoyable
- A great product to let you enjoy the long road trip
- It is easy to install and sturdy to protect you when necessary
- It's a great combination of fashion and functions
- Materials: Plush & Metal
- These seat belt locking buckles looks tough and cool. And these car seat belt buckles can prevent the accidental release of the seat belt buckle anchoring a capsule
- Make your drive more comfortable and enjoyable, they are lovely seat belt buckles to replace your old ordinary one
- The lovely Car Seat Belt Buckles fits for most vehicles; easy to install
- These seat belt buckles can alleviate the tension on your shoulder and chest from the belt and make you feel more comfortable
- Lock your seat belt to add safety and you can move freely at the same time
- These car seat safety belt locking buckle clips with logo comes with a strong metal button and classy design
- It is easy to install and sturdy to protect you when necessary. It's a great combination of fashion and functions
How to Repair a Seat Belt Buckle?
The seat belt is one of the most important safety features in your vehicle. If your seat belts become damaged in any way, you should replace them right away. You can purchase the parts you need from an auto parts store.
- Check the condition of the seat belt by extending it as far as it will go. Check for any tears in the belt or damage to the connector.
- Remove the retaining bolt, located underneath the seat belt buckle, with a wrench set. This will allow you to thread the seat belt carefully out of the retractor.
- Remove the mounting screws, which fix the seat belt buckle to the seat belt, with a screwdriver.
- Insert the new buckle into the same position from which you removed the old one. Fix it in place with the mounting screws. Use new mounting screws when attaching the new buckle to ensure the best quality connection.
- Reattach the retaining bolt underneath the seat belt to hold it in place. Check that the buckle works correctly before taking the vehicle out on the road.
Kinds of Seat Belt Buckles
Different types of seat belt buckles exist; each one provides protection from harsh impact during an accident. Although some people prefer certain seat belt buckles to others, some tend to protect people better. The amount of protection depends on numerous factors, including the type of seat belt worn at the time of an accident and whether the seat belt and seat belt buckle are functioning properly.
Snap Seat Belt Buckles
- Snap seat belt buckles are the most common types. They consist of a square shaped buckle, with a smaller shaped square in the middle, which is the button to release the buckle. The clasp inserts into the buckle and snaps into place. These seat belt buckles can have a lap belt, sash belt or both. According to the California Department of Motor Vehicles website, when a driver wears a lap belt he double his chances of surviving a collision. It also states that a driver wearing a combination of a lap belt and shoulder belt is four times more likely to survive a collision.
Puzzle Seat Belt Buckles
- Puzzle seat belt buckles are similar to snap seat belt buckles but have two clasps instead of one. These two clasps are designed to fit inside one another, similar to pieces of a puzzle. Only when they match up together will they be able to fit inside the belt buckle. Once they snap into place, they offer the wearer a very secure seat belt. These type of seat belt buckles are often used for child seats.
Latch Seat Belt Buckles
- Latch seat belt buckles are usually metal and work differently than the others. Two square pieces of metal are welded together and form the latch. A slit is on the side of the buckle where the clasp goes in. Once the clasp goes inside the buckle, the wearer clamps down and latches both sides of the buckle. To release the belt, the wearer lifts both latches in opposite directions. This type of seat belt buckle is in airplanes and cars.
Rotary Seat Belt Buckles
- Pilots often use rotary seat belt buckles. They consist of one small disc-shaped buckle that has a tennis racket-shaped button to release the seat belt. Four belts surround the buckle. Each strap has a clasp, which goes into the center of the disc shaped buckle. Two of the straps act as a harness and form a "V," while the other two straps lay horizontally across the lap.
- 1 x Car Safety Seat Belt Locking Buckle Clip