- The wood material not only can shoulder weight stuff like a flower vase, but also is natural, healthy, non-toxic and looks so vintage
- The handmade carved design of the wall shelf is with high taste and the pastoralism style is refreshing, elegant and stylish
- This Wood Wall Shelf is not practical that can hold home stuff like flower vase, but also will decorate your home perfectly
- It is large enough for a decorative duck or a goose or other larger item you might want to display
- Save your room's space with the wall shelf to show off souvenirs, small treasures or art
- Add warmth and character to any room with the floating Carved Wall Shelf
- Create any arrangement from one shelf to a complete shelving system
- This Wood Wall Shelf is easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Material: Wood
- Size: 23 x 16 x 36.7cm/9.1 x 6.3 x 14.4in(L x W x H)
- The wood material looks so vintage while the handmade carved design is with high taste
- This wood wall shelf can not only hold home stuff like flower vase, but also will decorate your home perfectly
- This hollow out wall shelf is easy to install and can accommodate many things, which is beyond your imagination
Size in Detail:
How to Install:
- Some of the installation steps is alternative, and you can choose depending on the products
How to Build a Wall Shelf?
- Decide on the thickness. The normal thickness of a piece of wood used for a shelf is 1" thick. It can be any length and width that is necessary
- Measure the area where the shelf will be placed with the tape measure. Transfer these measurements to the wood. Using the jig saw, cut the length of wood that is needed
- For a more decorative look, cut the front edge of the wood with an unusual design. Draw a template on cardboard or poster board. The design can be scalloped, zigzagged or even wavy. Cut out the template and place it on the top of the wood, making sure that it is even with the front edge. Trace the pattern on to the wood
- Using the jig saw, cut out the design along the entire length of the wood. Sand the cut edge with the sandpaper to give it a smooth finish. If necessary, sand the entire piece of wood, including both sides and all edges, for a smooth and even surface which will make painting much easier
- Paint or stain the entire shelf any color desired. Since this is wood, it may require more than 1 coat of paint. Let it dry in between coats
- Apply varnish for a protective finish. If a glossy finish is desired, paint on 2 coats of varnish. Apply the first coat and allow it to dry. Sand with a fine sandpaper, wipe clean and apply another coat. Allow this to completely dry
- Attach L brackets to the shelf starting at each end. For stronger support, install an L bracket approximately every 24" along the shelf. Attach the shelf with the L bracket to the wall
How to Arrange Wall Shelves:
Wall shelves are not just for books. They are versatile, inexpensive and easily arranged in a variety of ways. From displaying keepsakes and decorative boxes to pictures of your friends and family, wall shelves fit effortlessly into any room or area in your home. With the right ideas and directions, your wall shelving project will be complete within a few hours.
- Install three wall shelves in an upside down triangle design on one wall of your bedroom. Then place one important object slightly off center on each shelf. Next, place other objects of various sizes on each of the shelves. The key is to be creative, and balance each shelf with different objects like pictures, vases, boxes and other items. One tip: Place objects that are all one theme, like animals or flowers.
- Hang six deep ledge wall shelves of the same length on a wall in your living room 12 inches apart. Decorate the shelves with a combination of family photos and books of various sizes. Alternate the location of the photos and books on each shelf.
- Install different size wall shelves in your kitchen, and store cookbooks and decorative kitchen canisters on each one. Place one large canister on each shelf, a few cookbooks next, then a small canister on the end of the shelf. One idea: If you collect salt and pepper shakers, place a few of them in random places on the shelves.
- Hang one wall of shelves in your child's room or family room, and place various games, toys and/or memorabilia. If your child is into dolls or action figures, display them on the shelves by alternating them with pictures and games related to the theme.
- In a family room, one idea is to display vintage music albums or records on the shelves. During the holidays, change the shelves to reflect a Christmas or other holiday theme.