- Standard: IEEE 802.11n(draft 2.0), IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b, CSMA/CA with ACK
- Interface: USB
- Frequency Range: 2.4GHz-2.4835GHz
- Radio Data Rate: 11n:300 / 150 / 135 / 121.5 / 108 / 81 / 54 / 40.5 / 27 / 15Mbps130 / 117 / 104 / 78/52 / 39 / 26 / 13Mbps 65 / 58.5 / 52 / 39 / 26 / 19.5 / 13 / 6.5Mbps
- 11g: 54/48/36/24/18/12/9/6M (adaptive)
- 11b: 11/5.5/2/1M(adaptive Channel: 1~11 (US, Canada) ; 1~13 (Europe) ; 1~14 (Japan)
- Spread Spectrum: DSSS
- Modulation: BPSK, QPSK, CCK and OFDM (BPSK/QPSK/16-QAM/ 64-QAM)
- Transmission Distance: Indoor up to 100m , outdoor up to 300m (it is limited in an environment)
- Receive Sensitivity: @PE:11n:-65dBm@10% PER
- 11g:-65dBm@10% PER
- 11b:-78dBm@8% PER
- Transmit Power: 15dBm
- Antenna Plus: 2 x 2dBi
- LED Indicator: Status
- Data Security: WPA; 64/128-bit WEP; TKIP/AES
- Environment: Operating Temperature:0℃~40(32~104)
- Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensing
- Safety & Emission: FCC, CE
- Operation System: Win2000 win2003 winxp vista32 vista64 wince5.0 wince6.0 win7 linux mac(10.3/10.4/10.5)
- Built-smart antennas, wireless LAN adapter transmission to provide a better performance, stability, and wireless coverage.
How to Set Up an Edup Wireless LAN Adapter
- Installing an Edup wireless LAN adapter may require using third-party drivers.
- Wireless image by Szymon Apanowicz from Fotolia.comThe Edup line of wireless network adapters is manufactured by the Shenzhen SGL Electronics Technology Company. Many Edup card users have reported difficulties installing their wireless adapters, due to faulty or missing instructions, drivers and poor technical support. Fortunately, Edup adapters are installed the same way as other wireless cards, and third-party software drivers are available.
- Difficulty: Moderate
Install the wireless adapter in your computer.
- Depending on which type of adapter you have, this process will differ. A USB adapter can simply be plugged into a USB slot on your computer. A PCMCIA wireless adapter card will plug into a PCMCIA slot on a laptop. These slots are usually on the side of the laptop
- If you have a PCI-type adapter for a desktop computer, you will need to open your computer case, and plug it into a PCI slot. In most computers, the PCI slot is white, and shorter than the other slot types. The instruction manual that came with the adapter should contain detailed instructions on how to physically install the adapter
Install the software drivers for the wireless adapter.
- In most cases, your computer should automatically begin to install the right drivers
- Alternatively, you may wish to install them manually from the driver disc that should have come packaged with the adapter. Insert the CD and wait for a window to pop up. There should be a button called "Install Drivers." Click it, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Some users have reported receiving the wrong drivers with their Edup adapters, or that the official drivers do not work. If this happens to you, download and install the "I-O DATA WN-B11/USBSL Wireless LAN Adapter 220.127.116.11" drivers. The website of the company that manufactures the Edup line of wireless adapters does not host the drivers needed to run the adapters
Join a wireless network.
- Once the adapter and its drivers have been properly installed, your computer will ask you if you wish to join a wireless network. It will display a list of wireless networks your adapter can locate. Select your home network from the list. If you set up your home network to require a password, you will be asked to enter it now. Once you have selected your network and entered your password, the set up of your Edup wireless LAN adapter should be complete.
- 1 x USB 11N 300M Wireless LAN Adapter